This release includes numerous changes and enhancements:
- Complete reorganisation of core files
- Rewrite of core page controllers and views
- the form helper is not autoloaded any more. Use tina_mvc_include_helper(‘tina_mvc_form_helper’) first
- new function tina_mvc_call_page_controller() for use in your apps or theme template files
- can use custom folder locations for page controllers `tina_mvc_call_page_controller()` and views `tina_mvc_base_page_class->load_view()` to separate core code from your own apps
- tina_mvc_user_has_role() and tina_mvc_user_has_capability() accept comma seperated list or arrays
- Added app_bootstrap feature – allows you to enqueue styles and scripts before page output begins when using widgets or shortcodes
- Added app_init_bootstrap feature – allows you to run code (e.g. to register a custom post) at the init action hook
- Changed how shortcodes are run – now we go before wp_texturizer()
- The contents of a non self-enclosing shortcode are available to the page controller now
- Added ‘app_install_remove’ to allow running arbitrary code on plugin install/remove. See tina_mvc_admin_install()/tina_mvc_admin_remove() in tina_mvc_admin_functions.php
- Added a basic framework for unit tests (unfinished)
- Removed the phpDocumentor tutorials folder.
- Bug fix: tina_mvc_form_helper_class->validate_as_REGEXP() was broken
- Fixed a possible XSS attack vector
There is also a new tutorial on using the custom code application hooks. These allow you to run arbitrary code at the ‘init’, ‘the_posts’ and when Tina MVC is activated or removed.
Read all about it on the Tina MVC for WordPress page.