We are pleased to have been involved in the redesign of the Motor Display Systems web site.
It is quite common for web sites to begin as a small brochure project and to quickly grow to unmanageable proportions as they fill up with products, articles and other forms of content. Tom and Bernard of MDS recognised this and decided that they wanted to completely redesign the web site and it’s functionality.
This is a very sensible thing to do. If you are going to go to the effort of implementing a proper dynamic web site, with a content management system (CMS), it is worth taking the extra time and effort to make sure you get all the features you want. Surprisingly, the incremental cost is a lot less than you would expect.
Apart from the usual functions of user registration and management, being able to manage the content of the web site, MDS also sports:
- full product database
- ability to manage special quote items in the product database (that cannot be added to a shopping cart)
- a shopping cart
- payment processing
- multi-currency display (with exchange rates automatically updating every 24 hours)
- a discounting system based on purchase volumes
- various different ways to display and handle special offers
- automatic generation of keyword, title and meta tags
- and more…